What is BINGE EATING DISORDER (BED)…???
“Binge eating disorder is a psychological illness in which a person eats frequently large amount of food and feel helpless to stop eating and extremely distress during and after eating”
BED can’t be considered same as Overeating because it is recurrent and more serious than that.
Reasons behind BED:
- Distraction to avoid problems
- Feelings of disgust or guilt
- Low self esteem
Behavioral Signs of BED:
- Eating rapidly
- No control over eating
- Consumption of large amount of food to the point of feeling uncomfortably full
- Over sensitive to physical appearance
- Eating even when not hungry
- Eating normally in public and binging when alone
- Continuous eating without proper meal time
- No matter how much you eat, Never feel satisfied
- Feeling guilty and disgusting after eating
- Depression that is only relieved by eating
- Embarrassment over eating habits
- Cut off from friends and daily activities
- Suicidal attempts
- Self harm
Physical effects of BED:
- Eating regularly on proper meal time
- Focus on what you are eating
- Be social, talk to friend, play games
- Try to kill your boredom
- Try to identify your feelings and emotions
- Distract yourself
- Exercise regularly
- Get the sleep you need
- Find out some alternative ways to handle stress
DO YOU HAVE BINGE EATING DISORDER…..???
- Do you feel out of control while eating?
- Do you eat in secret?
- Do you feel helpless to stop eating, even if you want to?
- Do you eat to comfort yourself or to escape worries?
- Do you feel ashamed after eating?
- Do you get cravings to eat in any 2 hours?
- You don’t like to eat in public but alone?
- You eat a lot when you are emotionally sick?
- Do your stress only relieved by over eating?
The more YES answers; the more likely you have BED.