Sports activities season
The 1946 Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Affiliation soccer season was once the season of school soccer performed by means of the six member faculties of the Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Affiliation (MIAA) as a part of the 1946 school soccer season.
Southeast Missouri State compiled an 8–0–1 document and gained the KCAC championship.
Not one of the MIAA groups was once ranked within the Related Press ballot or performed in a bowl sport.
|Conf. rank||Crew||Head trainer||Conf. document||General document||Issues scored||Issues towards|
|1||Southeast Missouri State||Abe Stuber||5–0||8–0–1||200||38|
|2||Missouri Mines (Rolla)||Gale Bullman||3–1–1||4–3–2||94||144|
|3||Northeast Missouri (Kirksville)||Jim Dougherty||2–1–2||5–2–2||120||91|
|4||Northwest Missouri (Maryville)||Ryland Milner||2–3||4–3||63||57|
|5||Southwest Missouri (Springfield)||Thomas J. O’Boyle||1–4||3–6||76||132|
|6||Central State (Warrensburg)||Judd Dean||0–4–1||2–5–1||47||111|
Southeast Missouri State
The 1946 Southeast Missouri State Indians soccer crew was once an American soccer crew that represented Southeast Missouri State School (later renamed as Southeast Missouri State College) as a member of the Missouri Intercollegiate Athletics Affiliation (MIAA) throughout the 1946 school soccer season. Of their 14th and ultimate season underneath head trainer Abe Stuber, the Indians compiled an 8–0–1 document (5–0 towards MIAA fighters), gained the MIAA championship, close out 5 of 9 fighters, and outscored fighters by means of a complete of 200 to 38.
Sourtheast Missouri took six of 11 first-team spots at the Related Press 1946 All-MIAA soccer crew: backs John Griffith and Webb Halbert; finish Roscoe Department; take on Kenneth Knox; guard William Sapp; and middle Donald Anderson. As well as, finish Jack Klosterman and take on Invoice Lee have been selected for the second one crew.
- W.J. Bingham, ed. (1947). The Professional Nationwide Collegiate Athletic Affiliation Soccer Information together with the Professional Regulations 1947. A.S. Barnes and Corporate. p. 131, 197-198.
- “Cape Girardeau Walks Off With MIAA Grid Identify”. Track-Index and Democrat. Moberly, Missouri. November 18, 1946. p. 7 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Southeast Missouri State Once a year Effects”. School Soccer Knowledge Warehouse. Archived from the unique on 6 September 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2022.
- “One Crew Puts Six: Maximum M.I.A.A. All-Stars Are From Cape Girardeau”. The Kansas Town Big name. Related Press. November 29, 1946. p. 24 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Evansville Held To Scoreless Tie”. The Indianapolis Big name. September 20, 1946. p. 22 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Cape Tops Arkansas Foortball Rival, 8-0”. Springfield Chief and Press. September 28, 1946. p. 3 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Carbondale Loses, 20-13”. Chicago Tribune. October 6, 1946. p. II-2 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Kirksville Loses, 12-40: Spectacular Victory Registered by means of Cape Girardeau Crew”. The Kansas Town Big name. October 12, 1946. p. 5 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Cape Girardeau Conquers Mules”. St. Joseph Gazette. October 19, 1946. p. 8 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Cape Girardeau Meets Rolla in The most important Contest”. St. Joseph Gazette. October 21, 1946. p. 12 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Cape Helps to keep Report Blank: A Landing Close to End Defeats Maryville, 7 to 0”. Kansas Town Big name. November 2, 1946. p. 5 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Cape Girardeau Mecca Nov. 1st For Ex-Scholars”. The Information-Occasions. Webster Grove, Missouri. October 31, 1946. p. 8 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Southeast Missouri State in Triumph”. Miami Information-Report. Related Press. November 10, 1946. p. 4 – by way of Newspapers.com.
- “Cape Blasts Springfield”. St. Joseph Information-Press. November 17, 1946. p. 18 – by way of Newspapers.com.