Ronaldo broke the silence, disappointed by Madrid’s move

0
67


ROME: Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday denied reports that he was trying to return to Real Madrid, just hours after coach Carlo Ancelotti said he would not take Juventus back to Spain.

In an Instagram post, Ronaldo said that his “story is written in Real Madrid”, although he did not explicitly say that he is not looking for a way out of gambling.

He said such remarks were “disrespectful” to both him and “all the clubs involved in the rumors, as well as their players and staff”.

Ronaldo added: “Many times in different leagues I have been getting news and stories linking me to various clubs, no one is ever worried about trying to find out the real truth.”

“I am breaking my silence now that I cannot allow people to play with my name. I am focused on my career and my work, determined and ready for all challenges.”

Ronaldo has been the subject of a series of rumors about his future this summer. On Tuesday, the Italian daily Courier Dello Sport reported that his agent Jorge Mendes had made an offer to the 36-year-old Manchester City.

Ronaldo broke the silence, disappointed by Madrid's move

Other outlets said Paris Saint-Germain were interested but brought in free agent Lionel Messi in the French capital once he withdrew from a near-season deal.

Earlier on Tuesday, Ancelotti said Real Madrid were not interested in the return of the man who led the club to four Champions League victories.

“Cristiano is a Real Madrid legend and he has all my love and respect. I never considered signing him. We are looking forward to it,” Ancelotti said on Twitter.

Since moving to Joوo in 2018, Ronaldo has won two Serie A titles and an Italian Cup, but he has not been able to achieve the European glory that the Italian club wants.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here