New ‘Danger!’ Host Richards resigned over past comments.

0
104


Mike Richards said Friday that he now owns the popular TV quiz show “Danger!” Will not host. In the past, he has reacted to aggressive comments, according to Reuters.

Earlier this month, Richards, an executive producer of the show, was appointed to replace legendary host Alex Trebek, who died in 2020 after more than three decades in the series.

Richards said they would be “effective immediately” and that production on Friday’s show would be canceled. Sony Pictures Television (6758.T), the show’s producer, will resume the search for a permanent host while bringing guests back to continue production of the new season, Richards said in a statement. The famous TV quiz show “Danger!” Host between reactions to aggressive comments made in the past.

Earlier this month, Richards, an executive producer of the show, was appointed to replace legendary host Alex Trebek, who died in 2020 after more than three decades in the series. Read more

“It bothers me that these past events and comments have cast such a shadow over the threat,” Richards told staff obtained by Reuters.

Richards said they would be “effective immediately” and that production on Friday’s show would be canceled. The show’s producer Sony Pictures Television (6758.T) will resume the search for a permanent host, while guests will be brought back to continue production of the new season, Richards said in a statement.

Earlier this week, hateful and sexist comments from Richards while hosting a podcast called “The Random Show” reappeared in a report in the online publication “The Ringer”.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here