Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Juventus this season, although he was selected on the bench for the opening match of the new Serie A campaign in Adeni, club director Paul Naidu insisted on Sunday.
Joe legend Nedweed said the decision not to launch the five-time Ballon d’Or winner, who has been the subject of intense speculation about his future this summer, was a “joint decision” between Ronaldo and returning coach Massimiliano Allegri. Was
“You shouldn’t try to create sensational stories where no one is,” Nedwood told broadcaster DAZN.
“He’s not on top fitness, and the coach tried to pick the best possible lineup for now … The decisions were made to be as competitive as possible today.
“He’s definitely living in Juventus.”
Sky Sport Italy claimed that Ronaldo said he would not be selected in the starting line-up as he still hopes to leave the 36-time Italian champions before the end of the month, when the transfer window closes.
Allegri chose Alvaro Morata to lead the line in the front three, which also included Palo Debala and Juan Cuadrado.
Italy forward Federico Chisa has been named as a replacement, while midfielder Manuel Lucatelli, one of Azure’s Euro 2020 heroes, will begin his jockey career on Wednesday after moving from Sassuolo.
Ronaldo, the top scorer with 29 goals in the final season of Serie A, was absent on Thursday for Joe’s final warm-up against the club’s youth.
On Friday, however, Allegri said he wanted to stay despite the 36-year-old who was trying to leave Joao, adding that the Portuguese striker was ready to play in the fourth and final season of his contract. Will be.
Allegri’s decision comes after a close season in which European media speculated that Ronaldo was looking to find a way out of Joao, a club he joined in 2018.
On Tuesday, Ronaldo denied reports that the former club had moved to Real Madrid, calling them “disgraceful” and saying that stories of his departure had been written. Do not worry”.
Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti confirmed earlier that day that the Spanish giants were not interested in the return of the man who led the club to four Champions League victories.
On Tuesday, the Italian daily Courier Dello Sport reported that Agent Jorge Mendes had offered Manchester City to the Portugal captain.
Other outlets said Paris Saint-Germain were interested in Ronaldo, but once they withdrew from a near-season deal, they brought in free agent Lionel Messi to the French capital.