Raikonen out of Dutch GP after positive test

0
18


Amsterdam:

Finnish driver Kimi Rونikkنnen has had a positive test for Code-19 and will miss announcing the Dutch Grand Prix this weekend, his Alfa Romeo team and race organizers on Saturday.

Red Bull’s Max Verstappen, meanwhile, was called to appear before organizers before Saturday’s final practice session to answer questions about his actions during the first Red Flag period of Friday’s second practice. Survived a fine.

The 2007 World Champion Raikkonen, 41, who is retiring from Formula One at the end of the season, will be replaced by Robert Kobeka, Alfa Romeo’s reserve driver at Zandowort.

The Alfa Romeo team tweeted, “There are no signs of a reduction and they are excited. They have just entered their hotel in solitude. Team Cammy wants a speedy recovery.”

“The team thoroughly examined the close contacts and did not expect any further impact on our work for the rest of the weekend.”

The championship organizers and the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said Raikkonen’s positive test “would not have much effect on the Dutch GP”.

Kobeka, a 36-year-old Polish driver, won the Canadian Grand Prix in 2008 but his career was severely damaged in an accident during the 2011 Andorra Rally, in which his right arm was partially amputated.

“Robert has been a reserve driver since the start of the 2020 season and has run the team’s C41 in three practice sessions this year,” Alfa Romeo said.

“His name starts with 97 Formula One and 2021 Formula One machinery experience, he will be ready for action and will do his best for the team.”

Radconn needs a negative test before being allowed to return to Paddock, and his participation in the Italian Grand Prix in Monza next weekend is also in doubt.

Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez and Lance Walker all remember GPs last year because they had a Cowboy 19, while Pierre Gasley, Lendo Norris and Charles Leclerc had a positive experience during the winter break.

Versatapen’s scholarship resulted in the alleged overtaking of Lance Stroller’s Austin Martin by reporters, while red flags were waved after Hamilton’s Mercedes Ground.

The Dutchman, just three points behind Hamilton in the championship rankings, escaped the ban for the comfort of his home fans in Zandwort.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here