Fawad Chaudhry’s revelation

0
44


ISLAMABAD: A threatening e-mail that prompted New Zealand to cancel a visit to Pakistan was sent from the Indian city of Mumbai, Federal Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry revealed on Wednesday.

Addressing a press conference along with Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, the Information Minister said that Pakistan was facing a hybrid and fifth generation war.

He was referring to a fake social media post shared with former TTP commander Ehsanullah Ehsan in August, adding that the post had warned the New Zealand cricket team against touring Pakistan.

The Information Minister revealed that the post said that the New Zealand cricket team should not go to Pakistan because ISIS would attack it.

Chaudhry said that an article was published. Sunday Guardian Two days later, on August 21, the paper’s bureau chief, Abhi Nandan Mishra, wrote the same thing: that the New Zealand cricket team could attack Pakistan.

Article published in Sunday Guardian “Around Ehsanullah Ehsan’s post,” he added. Indian journalist Nandan Mishra still has close ties with former Afghan vice president Amrullah Saleh.

The Information Minister revealed that five days later, on August 24, a threatening e-mail was sent to the wife of New Zealand batsman Martin Guptill using the alias Tehreek-e-Labeek. In the email, Fawad Chaudhry revealed that the New Zealand batsman had been threatened with death.

He said the email said Guptill would be killed during his visit to Pakistan. “We checked the ID and found that it was created on August 24, 2021 at 01:05 AM, while the email was sent on August 25 at 11:59 AM,” he revealed.

He said the e-mail was sent using Proton Mail, adding that those who knew about the service knew it was a secure e-mail service. He said Pakistan had asked Interpol to help investigate the email and identify the culprit behind it.

He said that despite all these threats, the Black Caps did not cancel their visit and reached Pakistan.

Sheikh Rashid said that we have deployed a large security team for the New Zealand cricket team from the New Zealand Army.

A chartered flight brought the New Zealand team to Pakistan on September 11, Chaudhry said.

“A detailed program containing their protocol and security was released by the Interior Ministry, which included two helicopters with the squad,” the information minister said.

Chaudhry said the New Zealand team traveled with Pakistani players from their hotel to the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on September 13, where they held a full practice session.

“I just want to remind you that the security agencies of Pakistan and New Zealand conducted an investigation and concluded that the threats issued on August 19, 21 and 24 were all fake,” he noted. “

He said the team traveled to the same stadium again on September 14 and held another training session there with another security protocol.

New Zealand cancels Pakistan tour

Chaudhry said New Zealand Cricket (NZC) informed the PCB and Pakistani authorities at 10:30 a.m. on September 17 that the team had received a security threat report from their government.

The Information Minister said that the New Zealand cricket team itself was not affected by the threat as the ground and hotel environment was safe.

He said that despite his busy schedule in Dushanbe, Prime Minister Imran Khan called New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and asked her not to leave the team at the last minute.

However, he said. [New Zealand government] The information minister said he had received a “critical threat” that his team would be attacked.

Another threatening email.

The Information Minister said that after the cancellation of the tour on September 17, another e-mail was sent to the New Zealand team on PST at 11:25 the same day, with an ID created in the name of Hamza Afridi.

He said that Interpol Wellington informed Interpol Pakistan about the threat on September 18.

“Dear New Zealand cricket, you made a mistake to go to Pakistan and now look what will happen to you. Your cricket team is not going anywhere now. Bombs will be placed everywhere now, from hotels to your flight. My man you Will not be forgiven, he is coming to New Zealand. Long live Pakistan, may Allah be Akbar. “

A threatening email was sent from a device in India

He said the email was sent from a device in India. The Information Minister revealed that “the IP address of the e-mail was changed using VPN to show the location to Singapore”.

“The device used to send the e-mail, further investigation revealed that 13 e-mail IDs were operating,” Chaudhry said. He added that all the IDs have been created in the name of Indian actors and drama celebrities.

Chaudhry said the device used to send threatening emails to the New Zealand squad belonged to an Indian man named Om Prakash Mishra from Maharashtra.

He said that it has a very strong connection with India. “Fake identification. [email protected] Used to send threats to the New Zealand team. The threat was sent from Maharashtra.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here