Newcastle Takeover Best News: Lee.

0
20


London:

Former midfielder Rob Lee says the capture of Newcastle United by a Saudi-led consortium is good news for the Premier League club since Bobby Robson took charge in 1999.

Fans favorite Robson, who died in 2009, helped Newcastle finish fourth in the league in 2001-02 and third the following season before being sacked in 2004.

Lee told sports statistics and analytics company Status Perform that Newcastle’s new owners – Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, RB Sports & Media and PCP Capital Partners – reopened on Thursday after their takeover. It will take time to recover.

Lee, who has played more than 300 games for the club, said: “This is probably the best news for Newcastle since Robson was signed.

Lee said owners need to focus on long-term solutions and not just invest in new players to improve the team.

“I’ve said before that the training ground is probably the worst in the Premier League. You need the best facilities to get the best players,” Lee said. “The ground (St. James’s Park) has 52,000 seats, but that’s been the case for 14 years.

“Everything has moved forward so far. The training ground has moved forward, the field has moved forward, and I think Newcastle has been a bit stagnant. It’s definitely a long-term project. It will cost a lot of money. “

Newcastle, bottom of the league after seven league games, will host Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here