The Chinese firm working on the Dasu hydropower project has announced that it is resuming construction work that was halted due to “security concerns”. Geo News. Reported on Sunday.
According to a statement from China Gizoba Group Company (CGGC), the resumption of phased work will begin on October 25.
All Chinese engineers and foreigners working on the project visited the Dasu Dam site.
The Chinese firm instructed all Pakistani workers working on the project to be ready to return to work. He said all workers would be notified by telephone of the decision to resume work.
Employees of the Chinese company have also been instructed to bring COVID test results and their vaccination records.
The company halted work on the project, which was being carried out in the Kohistan district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. At least 12 people, including nine Chinese workers, were killed on July 14 when a suicide bomber struck. A bus fell into a ditch after the blast. Attack.
Following the incident, the Civil Administration, Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) and the CGGC, in consultation, decided to suspend construction work on the project for a few days so that some operational aspects could be reorganized. Construction could resume. In a more secure environment.
Since then, WAPDA has been in close touch with senior CGGC officials and it was expected that CGGC would resume construction activities on the project in a few days.
A statement issued by WAPDA in July said that the Chinese company working on the Dasu project had withdrawn the notice of dismissal of Pakistani employees.
Then Foreign Office spokesman Zahid Hafeez Chaudhry said in a statement in response to media questions: “Chinese construction company […] In its latest notification, Dasu has quashed its earlier notice of dismissal of Pakistani personnel working on the hydropower project.
According to the Chinese company. Geo Newss has now acknowledged that WAPDA has significantly improved security for the project.