Constipation is undoubtedly due to a lack of hydration, probiotics, enzymes, fibre, EFAs, and key vitamins and minerals that allow properly formed bowel movements to happen smoothly.
Dysbiosis Issues :
Generally speaking, baby constipation in a child that is breastfed can be directly related to a mother’s gut dysbiosis issues. This means that she suffers from an imbalanced gut and likely exhibits symptoms like constipation, gas, reflux, bloating, heartburn, IBS, or ulcerative colitis. Chronic skin issues like eczema or psoriasis may also be present. Usually, such a mother took the contraceptive Pill, which is highly destructive to the gut environment.
Baby’s Constipation & Commercial Formula:
Most of the time, baby constipation can be traced to one of the many brands of commercial formula. This would include organic formula. It’s no surprise that babies fed commercial formula can tend toward constipation due to the worrisome, indigestible ingredients.
Commercial milk based baby formulas are, simply put, dangerous concoctions of denatured milk proteins and rancid, cheap, usually GMO vegetable oils. They do affect baby’s digestive system. Even the organic formulas are not a wise choice as the violent processing is similar even if the ingredients are not as toxic.
Hypoallergenic formulas are even worse as they contain an endocrine disrupting quantity of soy isoflavones. These phytoestrogens have the very real potential to damage your child’s delicate and developing hormonal system. Try toddler on Camel Milk.
Tips To Help:
- If you are breastfeeding and have a constipated baby, look to improve your diet first. You will likely find your baby will have easier digestion and greater ease passing stools right away.
- Elimination of pasteurized dairy and processed wheat is a good first step if you are a breastfeeding mother with a constipated baby.
- An individual who is constipated will presumably be suffering from slow peristaltic action.
- It is facilitated by the muscular lining in the intestinal system), poor enzyme function, and excessive inflammation. Fortunately, magnesium can help in all those areas.
- Put child in a bath for atleast 5 to 10 minutes daily with a half cup epsom salts in the bath water.