Journalism is the activity and profession of writing newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast on current or past events. Digital Journalism is the type of Journalism which is also known as Online Journalism where editorial content is distributed via the internet. It could be in the video, audio and text form and because it does not have to print or distribute content.
5 SURPRISING WAYS DIGITAL JOURNALISM IS MORE REFRESHING THAN NEW SOCKS:
- It is the only weapon that can change the world, especially Pakistan.
- The bloggers and the social media influencers can change the idea of peoples, thinking patterns of peoples, and living styles of people.
- Digital journalism is cost-effective. It is affordable compared to traditional journalism.
- It is fast and convenient.
- In Pakistan, Blogging has generally gained at least more attention such as exposing a problem related to anything.
5 THINGS YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT DIGITAL JOURNALISM:
- Most media are biased.
- Websites could crash if lots of people try accessing them for major news stories.
- Digital Journalism could result in a cut in jobs.
- Most of the time it spread the negative or hateful news about a particular individual or groups.
- One common complaint about it is users find different versions of the same story.
Submitted by UMM-E-HANI AFSAR, Date 27 January 2021.