Frances Brydges, Woman Chandos (1552-1623) used to be an English aristocrat.
She used to be a daughter of Edward Clinton, 1st Earl of Lincoln and his 2nd spouse Ursula Stourton, a daughter of William Stourton, seventh Baron Stourton. She used to be born at Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire
She married Giles Brydges, third Baron Chandos.
She died on 12 September 1623 at Woburn Abbey.
Her portrait dated 1589 via Hieronimo Custodis is stored at Woburn. Her garments are embroidered with pearls in patterns of moths and pillars. On her sleeve she wears a big pendant appearing a scene of Diana and Actaeon and any other pinned to her bodice depicts Perseus and Andromeda.
Her youngsters integrated:
- Elizabeth Brydges (died 1617), Maid of Honour to Elizabeth I, she married Sir John Kennedy, nevertheless it used to be came upon he had a spouse already in Scotland.
- Catherine Brydges (died 1657), married Francis Russell, 4th Earl of Bedford
- John Brydges, died younger
- Charles Brydges, died younger
- Jane Ashelford, Get dressed within the Age of Elizabeth (London, 1988), pp. 99-100.
- Lawrence Stone, Disaster of nobility (Oxford, 1965), pp. 625-6: Maurice Lee, Nice Britain’s Solomon, James VI and I in his 3 kingdoms (Urbana, 1990), p. 144.