Gui Shiyong (Chinese language: 桂世镛; February 1935 – 28 November 2003) used to be a Chinese language economist and flesh presser who served as director of the State Council Analysis Place of job from 1998 to 2001.
He used to be a member of the Status Committee of the ninth and tenth Chinese language Other people’s Political Consultative Convention. He used to be a consultant of the 14th and fifteenth Nationwide Congress of the Chinese language Communist Celebration. He used to be an alternative member of the thirteenth and 14th Central Committee of the Chinese language Communist Celebration, and a member of the fifteenth Central Committee of the Chinese language Communist Celebration.
Gui used to be born in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, in February 1935. In 1950, he entered the Renmin College of China, majoring in commercial making plans. He joined the Chinese language Communist Celebration (CCP) in July 1956. He become an assistant analysis fellow of the Chinese language Academy of Sciences in September 1956, and served till November 1969, when he used to be despatched to the Would possibly 7th Cadre Colleges to do farm works in Qianjiang, Hubei. Throughout his time period in place of job, he studied economics underneath eminent economist Solar Yefang. Throughout the Cultural Revolution, Gui, along Solar Shangqing , Liu Guoguang , Dong Fureng and different 4 economists have been classified as “8 Heavenly Guardians” (八大金刚) of the “Anti-Celebration Alliance” (反党联盟) of Zhang Wentian and Solar Yefang, and used to be additionally denounced because the “Revisionist Seedling” (修正主义苗子) cultivated by way of Solar Yefang. HisSeventy Articles of Trade (工业七十条) and its propaganda fabrics have been criticized as “Large Toxic Weeds” (大毒草) by way of the Pink Guards.
Beginning in March 1973, he successively served as analysis fellow, deputy director, and director of the State Making plans Fee (now Nationwide Building and Reform Fee). He used to be in the end promoted to secretary-general in June 1988. From March 1987 to June 1988, he additionally served a brief time period as deputy editor-in-chief of the Other people’s Day by day, the mouthpiece of the Chinese language Communist Celebration. In September 1988, he become deputy director of the State Council Analysis Place of job, emerging to director in March 1998. He similtaneously served as vice chairman of the Chinese language Academy of Governance between July 1994 and November 1999.
- 桂世镛集 [Selected Works of Gui Shiyong] (in Chinese language). Beijing: China Social Sciences Press. 2019. ISBN 9787520335553.
- 改革开放发展的理论与实践 [Theory and Practice of Reform and Opening Up] (in Chinese language). Beijing: China Yanshi Publishing Area. 2018. ISBN 9787517125518.
- 桂世镛文集 [Collected Works of Gui Shiyong] (in Chinese language). Beijing: China Yanshi Publishing Area. 2007. ISBN 9787801289179.
- WTO与政府工作手册 [WTO and Government Work Manuals] (in Chinese language). Beijing: Xinhua Press. 2003. ISBN 9787501156818.
- 世纪之交的中国经济 [Chinese Economy at the turn of the Century] (in Chinese language). Guangzhou, Guangdong: Guangdong Financial Publishing Area. 2001. ISBN 9787806770481.
- 中华人民共和国国民经济和社会发展计划大事辑要 [Highlights of the National Economic and Social Development Plan of the People’s Republic of China] (in Chinese language). Beijing: Pink Flag Press. 1987. ISBN 9787505100084.
- 论中国宏观经济管理 [On China’s Macroeconomic Management] (in Chinese language). Beijing: China Financial Publishing Area. 1987. ISBN 9787501700288.