Demographics of Hinduism
Hindu inhabitants enlargement refers back to the inhabitants enlargement of Hindus international. The inhabitants of Hindus had greater from 200 hundreds of thousands in 1900 to almost 964 hundreds of thousands in 2010, and is anticipated to one,384 hundreds of thousands (or 1.38 billion) until 2050 with build up of 27%. This compares with the 32% enlargement of global inhabitants throughout the similar duration, 3rd to Islam (70%) and Christianity (34%). The vast majority of Hindus are found in South Asia with little inhabitants in different international locations.
|Custom||Fans||% of the Hindu inhabitants||% of the sector inhabitants||Follower dynamics||Global dynamics|
The Hindu fertility charge used to be 2.4 in 2019 as consistent with the Pew Analysis Heart which used to be less than the common of two.5. The median age of Hindus used to be nonetheless older than the worldwide median age of 30, in comparison to 27 of world. With the improvement of Hindu charge of enlargement in India (the rustic with majority Hindu inhabitants) after 1990, there were lower in enlargement charge of Hindus.
The fertility charge of Hindus is two.4 which is little beneath the median of two.5 kids consistent with girl. That is completely because of the equivalent fertility charges of Hindu ladies in South Asia as just about 98% of the sector’s overall Hindu inhabitants is living there and leisure in Southeast Asia and Caribbean international locations. Whilst Hindus have low fertility charges in international locations like India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia and West Indies in comparision to the nationwide reasonable, whilst reasonably upper in international locations like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Canada and Ghana.
Historic Hindu inhabitants
(in many years)
|Overall inhabitants||Hindu inhabitants||World percentage
- “By way of 2050, India to have global’s greatest populations of Hindus and Muslims”. Pew Analysis Heart. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- Lakshman, Narayan (2015-04-03). “In 2050, India’s Muslim inhabitants will likely be greatest globally”. The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- “Bankruptcy 1 World Non secular Populations” (PDF). January 2012. Archived from the unique (PDF) on 20 October 2013.
- NW, 1615 L. St; Suite 800Washington; Inquiries, DC 20036USA202-419-4300 | Main202-857-8562 | Fax202-419-4372 | Media (2015-04-02). “The Long term of Global Religions: Inhabitants Enlargement Projections, 2010-2050”. Pew Analysis Heart’s Faith & Public Lifestyles Undertaking. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- Kramer, Stephanie (2021-09-21). “Non secular Composition of India”. Pew Analysis Heart’s Faith & Public Lifestyles Undertaking. Retrieved 2022-07-11.
- Workforce, Scroll. “Muslims’ fertility charge sees sharpest decline over 20 years, presentations well being ministry survey”. Scroll.in. Retrieved 2022-07-11.
- Johnson, Todd M.; Grim, Brian J. (2013). The Global’s Religions in Figures: An Creation to Global Non secular Demography (PDF). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell. p. 10. Archived from the unique (PDF) on 20 October 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2022.