The Lodge Royal hearth befell on February 7, 1892, on the Lodge Royal in New York Town, killing 28 other people. The hearth started within the resort’s elevator shaft, the place the night time engineer used to be acting repairs paintings by way of the sunshine of a candle. The candle’s flame both ignited a gasoline leak within the shaft, or it stuck a dry tinder comparable to mud and used to be then flamed by way of the sturdy winds blowing in the course of the shaft. A coroner’s jury assigned no fault for the hearth and made no suggestions for protection enhancements; then again, law used to be offered within the New York State Meeting that sought to tighten the construction code in gentle of the hearth and the 1891 Park Position crisis.
- Hellmann, Paul T. (2006). Historic Gazetteer of the USA. Routledge. p. 776. ISBN 9781135948597.
- “BURNED IN A DEATH TRAP: TERRIBLE AND FATAL FIRE IN A SIXTH AVENUE HOTEL THE HOTEL ROYAL DESTROYED IN THE EARLY MORNING FIVE GUESTS KNOWN TO BE BURNED TO DEATH, WHILE OVER FORTY ARE MISSING FIFTEEN OTHERS HURT THE ONLY STAIRCASE CUT OFF FROM THE INMATES– THRILLING SCENES AND NARROW ESCAPES– GALLANT WORK OF THE FIREMEN AND POLICE”. The New York Instances. February 8, 1892. p. 1.
- “HOW THE FIRE STARTED.: MARSHAL MITCHEL’S REPORT ON THE HOTEL ROYAL DISASTER”. The New York Instances. February 14, 1892. p. 8.
- “THE HOTEL ROYAL FIRE.: AN INCONSEQUENTIAL VERDICT BY THE CORONER’S JURY”. The New York Instances. February 25, 1892. p. 2.
- “TO PROTECT HUMAN LIFE: A NEW BUILDING LAW PROPOSED IN THE ASSEMBLY PRECAUTIONS SUGGESTED BY THE PARK PLACE AND HOTEL ROYAL DISASTERS– INSPECTORS TO BE PUNISHED FOR NEGLECT OF DUTY”. The New York Instances. February 16, 1892. p. 2.