John Platt (1728–1810) used to be an 18th century English sculptor and builder.
He used to be born at Thrybergh close to Rotherham on 9 March 1728 the son of George Platt (1700-1743) and nephew of an area architect. Within the past due 18th century he took over the stone-yard and marble-works of Henry Watson in Ashford, Derbyshire.
He died in Halifax and used to be buried in Rotherham parish churchyard. The stone used to be got rid of in 1950.
- Monument to the Hopkins circle of relatives at Gainsborough, Lincolnshire (1748)
- East wing of Wortley Corridor (1757-1761)
- Grand portico at Wentworth Fortress (1762)
- Fireplaces at Wentworth Fortress (c.1764)
- Monument to Mrs Bamford in Sheffield church (1767)
- Bridge in Rotherham (c.1767-69)
- Refronting of Moorgate Corridor in Rotherham (1768)
- Monument to Mr Copley at Sprotboro (1769)
- Monument to Mr Wolrich at Leeds (1769)
- Tower and internal of St Paul’s Church in Sheffield (1769)
- Ferham Space in Masbrough for Jonathan Walker (1775-1780)
- Marble staircase at Aston Corridor in Yorkshire (1776)
- Rotherham Charity College (1776)
- Monument to Woman Bute at Wortley Chapel (1778)
- Monument to Mrs Catherine Dollar in Rotherham parish church (1778)
- Monument to Mr Birk in Sheffield (1783)
- Monument to Pass over Freeman in Ecclesfield Church (1783)
- Monument to Lt Col Downes in Rotherham parish church (1785) in blue john
- Massive monument to Mr Foljambe of Aldwark !790)
- Monument to Ref Francis Corridor in Tankersley Church (1793)
- Townhouse in Rotherham (1794) later transformed into The city Chambers
- Monument to Robert Cutforthay in Rotherham parish church (1799)
- Marble staircase at Clifton Corridor close to Rotherham (1882)
He used to be married and had no less than 4 sons all of whom had been driven against sculpture. The eldest used to be John (1763-1832) studied each sculpture and structure however ended within the Royal Military. Charles Platt (1770-1817) used to be apprenticed to Richard Westmacott the Elder. George Platt (1779-1850) studied structure underneath Rawdon of York and later joined the British Military. William (1775-1811) used to be apprenticed to P W Tomkins, engraver to the King and later had a trade in Golden Sq..