The Volyn Orthodox Theological Academy (previously the Volyn Theological Seminary) is the next tutorial establishment with a six-year time period of research that trains monks, employees of diocesan administrations and missions for the Orthodox Church in Ukraine.
On Might 14, 1796, because of Volyn and Zhytomyr Bishop Barlaam Shyshatsky, the “Diocese Seminary” used to be opened, which later become the Volyn Seminary. This came about after the Volyn area used to be annexed via the Russian Empire beneath Catherine II in 1775. The challenge of the seminary used to be to organize applicants for monks for parishes that had switched from the Greek Catholic Church to the Orthodox Church. The seminary authorized Orthodox kids (elderly 7-15 years), who had up to now studied within the Basilian and Jesuit faculties in Ovruch, Mezhyrich, and Ostroh. Due to this fact, the most productive scholars had been despatched to review on the Kyiv Theological Academy.
The advanced of constructions of the Volyn Theological Seminary in Zhytomyr (tutorial constructions, a dormitory, and outbuildings) used to be in-built 1897-1902 on Illarionivska Boulevard (now Hrushevsky Boulevard). At the moment, the Volyn Seminary used to be the biggest in all the empire and had probably the most greatest premises amongst different theological faculties, and in addition performed a very powerful function in coaching workforce for the primary revival of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. In 1918, it used to be closed via the Bolsheviks.